At least in Kansas, it isn't. In Washington, we had a bin for comingled recycling (everything but glass) and separate glass containers that were picked up at my curb. Every grocery store had a drop off for plastic bags. Every store sold the reusable bags and gave a discount for using them. Not so much in KS.
If I want to recycle, I have to take it myself. They only take clear glass...nevermind that most beers (including Coors and Bud) use brown bottles. I have to separate all my recyclables, and there is a huge list of don'ts. GRRR!
So, that is the legacy WA had. I am now an avid recycler. While I am not a convert to global warming as the evil that humans inflict on the earth. I also don't want my kids to be able to power their home from the methane gas emitted from the landfill under their home.
Back to painting and cleaning!
1 comment:
It was Germany that turned us into avid recyclers. I guess I'm carrying on the legacy by letting Lauren carry all my empty coke bottles and newspapers to the recycling bins. It's more as a way of filling time -- not because I'm that fanatical about not throwing stuff in the regular trash.
Post a Comment