Thursday, August 2, 2012

Finally...we have our own

We went to the newish Children's Museum here in Savannah and it was spectacular.  The kids had a such a blast.  It is all outdoors, so I was a bit skeptical given this is coastal Georgia in August.  But it was great.  It stays shaded all morning and most of the day.  They had misters and fans.  The kids were the perfect ages for it.  I seriously cannot say enough good things about how much fun we had.  In all fairness, part of the fun may have been the company we had.  Janine was the first person I really made friends with here in Richmond Hill.  And it is a good thing we did as her daughter Ella is now going on two years of telling people that she is going to marry Anthony.  All the kids play great together.  It never feels like someone is being left out.  It is GREAT.  And of course she will likely leave me around Christmas.















If you think this looks like a fort with guns that is because it is.

After, we took the kids to lunch at Soho South Cafe.  I am so glad that we have those kids that can go to a restaurant and not run around, or scream like banshies, or whine and throw a fit.  They were great.  Even after playing all morning.  With a late lunch (seated at 1230) and slowish service (almost 40 min).  However, the food was great and I would go back again in a heartbeat.


No comments: