Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Opposable Thumb

This is often touted as what separates us from Apes. Well, it is definitely a magnificent invention. You never really appreciate it until you slice the dicken's out of it. Yesterday I as cleaning my microwave and realized how dirty the front grate was. So I took it off to wash it. then I saw how dirty it was on the inside. Had to wash that too. Well, on my microwave, there is a tiny metal grate that protects the motor. It was dirty...gotta clean it. Unfortunately, it was also sharp...I sliced the pad of my thumb while cleaning it. OUCH!!! I never realized how much you use a thumb in a given day. Next time...I will wear cleaning gloves.

On another note...I had a bit of a scare yesterday. I thought Anthony was giving up his afternoon nap. AAAHHHHH!! This is my precious time to fold clothes and work on school work. He came down stairs a mear 45min after going to bed and said he was not tired. He played in his play room for another 30min and then wanted to spend time with me. I thought for sure this was the end of my world. However, at 4:30 he fell over dead of exhaution. So today he must stay in his room till I open the door (prob around 3). Whew! Dodged another bullet.

No comments: