Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter


We had a great Easter. It started the night before with egg dying. We just did solid colors since I am not all that creative :-)



In the morning, the boys got to open their Easter baskets. We did not do a lot of candy (5 pieces each). Thankfully, the grandparents did not send candy this year either. We should actually finish Easter candy before Christmas this year :-) Mostly they got coloring books and stickers. The fun frivolous egg stuffer were the champagne poppers. My boys love these. I think they are great too...a one time, dispensable activity that cleans up pretty easy.



Easter Morning we headed to church...I love Easter hymns. It is definitely my favorite Church Season. Anthony and Gabe have spent the last month in school learning the Easter story. Anthony did Resurrection Eggs for his class and has been telling me the story non-stop for a week. While I love the story, I think by the 300th time, I was ready to scream. By the 500th time, I was just numb. I think he likes being able to relay the story. He is now willing to just tell Gabriel the story without my involvement each time.


After church, we had brunch at my house with some friends. I love brunch...ham, eggs, sausage balls, desserts. I am lucky to have great friends here. All of our kids get along reasonably well for all being in the 3-5 year old range. We had a small egg hunt for them. The kids also got to decorate chocolate cake eggs for their dessert. But mostly we all sat around eating and enjoying each others company.














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! And it was so fun and so hummy! And, I loved that the food as about 95% from scratch! We rock in the kitchen!

k said...

Glad you had a great Easter! They boys look great and so does your hair! Green is a really good color on you too!