Monday, January 31, 2011

Gabe is 4

Wow! How did that happen? In his four years, he has had four different addresses and has traversed the entire US from Alaska, to Washington, to Kansas and now to Georgia. While I am always thrilled to see Anthony gain another year, I feel sad as Gabe grows. Sometimes I feel that I have missed his young childhood. Most of the time he is aged up with Anthony. He skipped a lot of the baby toys, most of his naps were in the car so we could go do things, he didn't get the one on one snuggles so much.

But then...

On a day like today where he is home, Anthony is at school, and William is sleeping. We get to play together. I love his imagination. I love how he is trying to read a book right now to his animals (he actually describes some of the words like cat and hat).

So, for his party...it was Star Wars of course. Yes, I made the cake. Martha Stewart Simple Chocolate Cake (Don't let the name fool you) and Chocolate Buttercream. MMMMMM!!!!! We had over some of his friends from school and gave them all light sabers. All and all, it was a tremendous unscheduled success.






1 comment:

Murray Family said...

love the Star Wars cake...and everyone got a lightsaber too?! That's Connor's kind of party!