Monday, February 14, 2011

Too thin



In an era of ever increasing childhood obesity, my kids are too thin. Yep. Took Gabe and William in today and their BMI is not high enough. Whatever! I still could not believe the doctor saying that we needed to give him more white rice and potatoes to bring up Gabe's BMI. It was almost laughable. I think we will be switching docs...the extra hour and a half wait did not help my mood.

As I look at my kids...I think they are just perfect!

2 comments:

Cristi said...

I agree -- just perfect. Did they happen to have a growth spurt recently? I was just talking to another mom about how boys spurt up and then fill out. That would leave them with a low BMI for a little while. Not that I'd worry about it.

Heather said...

Cristi-My kids are just little. Both Rob and I are. I thought the fact that Gabe was even on the chart with weight was a huge success :-). The doc seemed very concerned...I am not. They eat normal healthy foods and plenty of them. They will likely survive.