Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Guess How Much I Love You

"I love you to the moon and back again"

I don't really like Valentine's Day. I have never really liked it. I know that St Valentine is a real person, but have always felt that the holiday was for men who couldn't remember to tell their women nice things the other 364 days a year. Yes, I recognize that this is a bit cynical. But I am lucky...I have a hubby who is the same way. He remembers me in a thousand other ways most of the days of the year. He remembers to get me a roast chicken from the store when he knows that I am not getting to make dinner; he remembers my love of pictures and buys me cool camera stuff; he has learned to recognize when I am on my last nerve and tries to give me a break; he vacuums; most of all, he is here...and as an Army wife, that is often enough.

My kids get a lot of Valentine stuff with school, so this year I am their biggest Valentine. How do you show love? There are a thousand ways, and many don't include flowers or chocolate.

How did I show my love today?

I made Gabe and Anthony heart shirts at 730 in the morning so they would have them for school.


I shared my Green Truck Burger with William (I consider this the ultimate sacrifice on my part)

Tonight I will make a seafood medley of shrimp, scallops, and clams for 4 very happy boys.

No comments: