I had a great Mother's Day weekend. I spent Friday at the schools volunteering. Anthony had his Economics day where I got to see him a little as he raced through trying to spend his gobs of cash that he earned from being good. Then I got to have lunch with Lara...who I never get to see anymore and is awesome. I am so grateful for the wide array of friends I have here in GA. Then I went to the pre-K to have Muffins with Mom and my favorite 5 year old. I love his teachers and how hard they work to make each of their kids feel amazing. I ended the night by watching Ice Age with William while the big boys went off to soccer. It was the perfect mom day where everyone (including me) got a little time alone with mom.
Saturday was another great day. Boys played soccer. Rob coached. Got a nap. Then headed to friends for swimming and BBQ. Kids came home exhausted!!!!
Sunday just got even better. Rob got all the boys dressed and pressed so that we could take a family picture before church and before dirt.
Then we headed to brunch on the river after church where I stuffed my self silly with crab cakes topped with egg. After we walked along the river. Then we headed to Ellis Sq and the fountains where the rain did not stop us from enjoying the great outdoors.
The best part was that Rob snapped a great picture of me. Usually he waits till I am eating, haven't showered in 2 days, just after a work out, or am digging in the garden to bring out the camera.
We ended the long weekend today by BBQing with friends who will leave us this summer. Anthony and Thomas have know each other since KS. We will be sad to see the go, but as always, we are excited about the adventure a new location will hold for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment