There were 5 kids plus Gabe and Anthony. They all had a fabulous time...but I must start from the beginning of the day.
The theme of course was CARS! So as not to be out done by my friend's tea cup cupcakes (yep, that's you Jennifer), I decided to make a Lightening McQueen Cake. Since the mold requires a pound cake, I made the cake from scratch. While I am an excellent cook, my pastry skills leave much to be desired. However, the look on Anthony's face when he saw the cake made it mostly worth it.
I also had the brilliant idea to make bean bags and a bean bag toss game. They had a lot of fun, but thank goodness I do not have to make money as an artist. The consept of the game was a bit lost on the 3 year old.
We served hot dogs and hamburgers and other kid friendly foods. It is amazing how peer pressure will get them all to sit down and eat together.
Anthony actually blew out his candles all by himself. I think he has been practicing with his pretend sand cakes. And then the eating commenced. I think Gabe liked the cake.
Then came the presents. We did ask that friends not bring presents so there were only three from Mommy and Daddy. However, I think his favorite was a card from his friend Katherine that sang the CARS theme song.
The first gift...
a shake up Lightening McQueen.
The second gift...
a Lightening McQueen backpack for school (and the airplane)
The third gift...
tools for playdough
The car was a huge winner. He thinks that is just the coolest. He even took it to bed with him...a high place of honor. At the end of the evening, he and his friend Alex and baby sitter Stephanie sat and played with the playdough for a good hour. It's fun to get to be a kid again with him. It is hard to be sad when you are squishing playdough.
We ended the night watching girls diving and gymnastics. Anthony announced he like the girl gymnastics better than the boy gymnastics. Rob's comment...That's my boy!
2 comments:
FABULOUS CAKE!!!! That is awesome that you did that for Anthony!! Crazy how fast our kids are growing up. I want to put a brick on their heads to stop it. Where are you going in Florida? We just came back from Daytona Beach and we are going to Disneyworld in October. Hope you guys are doing well. Yikes...long plane ride...from one corner of the US to the other.
Ahh how sweet. Amazing how fast the kids grow up. Could you email your address so I can send Anthony a card. I lost my address book in the move.
love and miss you guys!!
Post a Comment