When I was in 8th Grade I took Algebra. This was the first time ever in school I actually had to work to understand something. Really! I have been blessed with smart parents that always instilled in me a sense of intelligence. I always believed I was smart, so I was. Algebra changed that. I can remember looking at all of those numbers and letters and not understanding how they got to an answer. My wonderful father spent countless hours explaining it over and over again. And the he would start all over when I looked like I was on the verge of tears.
Well, I am back in 8th grade. I am taking Financial Accounting for the Winter Term for my MBA. I will be honest, I don't get it! I can get the right answer, but it feels more like luck than anything else. I have no idea why somethings get counted in a Net Cash Statement and others are only part of the Income Statement. This is the first thing I have done that is truly outside of my comfort zone in nearly 15 years.
My only consolation in all of this is that I did eventually get Algebra (and still understand it). Hopefully I will get this too...preferably before the end of the term.
Back to the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment