Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I love moving

This is how I know we are supposed to be in the military. Every time we get ready to move, I get this feeling of excitement and wonder. It is the best feeling ever...right up until I have to leave all my good friends. I know that it is crazy...the idea of moving with two kids to a place we will only be for a year. The process of finding a house, a pre-school, friends....but I still get excited by the opportunity that waits for us just around the bend.

I love to purge out all of our old stuff. I like packing...seeing what we have. I like thinking about how I will arrange ever thing at the next place.

I like the actual travel. This year we are planning to drive with the kids. Again, crazy...but an adventure. We are planning to drive from Seattle to Spokane to bozeman, mt to Yellowstone to Cheyenne to Colorado springs then on to Leavenworth ks. We figure it will take 7-8 days of driving with all of our stops.

Most importantly, I think it is important for me to instill this in my kids. Life is hard sometimes and not always what we expect, but it doesn't have to be sad or morose. Change can be exhilarating. I was in the store one day on post (this is like 7 years ago now) and there was a mom complaining to her children (around 6/7) about how dad had brought them to this awful place and it was all his fault they had to leave their friends. I swore right then and there I would never be that person.

So, here is to our adventure...yeah memories!

2 comments:

Stephanie & Grant said...

when are you guys leaving?

Jennifer said...

Moving again? WOW At least you might get some nice warmth this time around. Hey, how far do you think leavenworth is from nashville? I am sure your momma is going to be making many trips up your way! When do you guys leave and do you have to sell your house before you go?