Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our Newest Arrival

William Thomas Xavier arrived on 6 April at 12:56pm. He weighed 7 lbs 12.5 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He is such a chunky monkey compared to the other two. Many of you remember when Anthony was born at 32 weeks only weighing 4lbs and 7 oz. This was quite the different experience. Yes, he did have a very pointy conehead! Right at the end, my contractions went from every 2 min to 6 min, so he is a little pointy.

The upside is that I had a normal labor with no pitocin. Yes, I still love my epidural. Also figured out why I liked the one with Anthony and not with Gabe. The Army hospital still uses an older and cheaper drug that causes heavier legs and wears off a lot slower. However, most civilian hospitals have changed to a different drug that allows you more movement. Also, the nursery prefers to keep the baby at night with the exception of feedings so mom gets more rest. It is wonderful to be taken care of so well.


I am recovering well and feeling really good. William is eating like a horse. The only disappointment is the lack of nutrition in the hospital food. It is worse than a school cafeteria.

The older boys got to visit last night too. Here are some pics.


"Dad made them say...'my brother is not a football.'"

Finally sleeping






5 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather! I had a dream last night that you had the baby! Congratulations to you and your family! I can't wait to see you guys and get all the little boys together for some play time! Congrats again and I am so glad you are doing so well and he is so healthy!

Amanda said...

Congrats! What a little cutie! I have been wondering about you and if you had the little guy yet. Glad he is a healthy little boy and I hope you have a quick recovery!

Unknown said...

Look at this chubby cheeks! He's adorable. Congratulations, and see you all soon!

k said...

Awww, congrats on your new addition! Anthony and Gabe look so proud! What a wonderful little family you have. Btw, Mike's birthday is on April 6th!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We really can't wait to meet him!