Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Never Enough

Do you ever wonder if it is ever enough? I think this all the time. Right now my kids are watching a movie so I can get just a minute of time without the "moooommmmmmyyyyyy" cry. And yes, I am having a beer at: in the afternoon while it is over 95 in MAY!!! But lately, I keep thinking that it just isn't enough.

We all have those friends. The one that no matter what you do they have a follow up question that implies it really wasn't enough.

Me: "I made bread today."
Friend: "Oh, did you grind your flour?"

Me: "Anthony is reading great lately. He has about 30 site words."
Friend: "Oh, is reading a book without pictures yet?"

Me: "We went to the art museum today."
Friend: "Oh, are you going to do the art camp."

No matter how well meaning, all you can think is gee thanks, now I am still behind the power curve.

So is it enough...probably not and most definitely. There is always more to do. A way to eat better, live better, save more, educate better, play better. But I hope I am doing enough that we manage to survive for a few more days until I need another movie afternoon to keep us functioning.

1 comment:

Cristi said...

Can I be your friend? I promise to never ask questions that imply "not enough." I'll cheer when you let your kids do their homework by themselves. And, if it makes you feel better, I'll even tell you about the 10 hour Handy Manny marathon that a certain somebody watched today.