Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Two Links

So I finally added some links on the side bar of my blog.

One is to my friend Jennifer's website. It is funny how after a great deal of time and distance two people can end up with nearly the same life. Jennifer and I went to elementary school together and have had contact off and on over the years. She has 2 girls almost the same ages as my boys (I mean within months/days of each other). We both stay home. The other day when Anthony split his head, her daughter broke her arm. Just shows you how funny life can be. She is also the one who inspired me to try blogging.

Another is to Soule Mama. This is the sight you go to when you think you have it all pulled together. She will show you that you are no where close to pulled together. Glad there are people like this in the world, glad I am not one of them.

The last one is to Randy Pausch's Homepage. This is the one you go to when you think things are bad for you. He is dying of pancreatic cancer; rather than mope, he has taken his life and turned it into a beacon of hope. He has 3 young children, and I cannot imagine being that brave facing the fact that I would not see my children grow up. If you ever need something to inspire you to live your life to the fullest, download and listen to his "Last Lecture." If you make it through without crying you are stronger than I.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can you believe what a mirror image our lives are? It is crazy. I remember when I got an email from you or your mom about you being pregnant the second time and I think it really was within days of me finding out. Crazy, but it helps to know what they are going through. And although you have 2 boys and I have 2 girls, obviously they all four get into all kinds of trouble. (See my post from today). My youngest is going to be a handful. She has been tricking me these past almost 18 months...quiet, easy, no trouble...WRONG!! Here she comes, watch out! So glad we keep in touch. Hope to be able to see you again soon. Last time was PRE babies! HA

Jennifer said...

Hey, will the vinegar hurt plants that are around? If I pull weeds that are close or in the middle of a plant (like monkeygrass), will it kill the plant? Or will it just help weeds to not grow back? Also, alot of my weeds are actually grass - bermuda grass. It comes up under the stone that we have around the landscaping and through the mulch. YUK!!