not the destination. Today is the day we leave for KS. Washington is probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever lived (remember, I lived in Hawaii and Alaska too). Best of all, this is the first place I could see raising my family. The schools are good, they work to take care of the environment, and the weather is mostly temperate. I hate to leave the friends we made and the life we created...but in the Army, all is temporary.
We have been talking with the boys about KS for months now and they can hardly wait. In the past week, we saw:
- mover pack our stuff (and give us boxes to play in)
- the mustangs get loaded on a car carrier
- friends who just came for one last minute
The boys were troopers through it all. Their resiliance amazes me.
Along the journey, we will see friends in Bozeman MT (Gen and Paul), Yellowstone, friends in Cheyenne (Tammy and kids), family in C Springs (Ben and Erin), and friends in Manhattan KS (Hobe and Amanda). I think we are really lucky to be able to take this trip and get the gov't to pay for most of it. When I think of all the crummy parts of the military, I try to remember these moments where we are getting far more than we deserve.
We were scheduled to leave at 0700...when we finally pulled out at 1630, oh well. No plan ever survives first contact. More from the road to include pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment