Thursday, June 11, 2009

Technology stinks

Ok, not really. I actually like technology. It is the inability to use it that makes me want to scream.

So it begins...I want an iPhone. Yes, I know, even with all of Apple's proprietary stuff, I still want one. I have an iPod touch and love it. Now I want the phone that will do everything but the dishes (and there may be an app for that).

Rob finally relented and got me one. Well, it isn't here, but he also got himself a new phone so that it will do more than "just call people," which is by the way all he wanted before I started talking about an iPhone. His phone did arrive, and he just couldn't wait. So he activated it. As a result, I lost service. To be honest, I felt this would happen. There were just too many moving parts for it to all go well...and that is about par for the week to have it all go wrong.

After it went wrong, it took Rob 4 hours of phone calls to get my number back and on the Verizon net so I wouldn't be without service. While I applaud his efforts, I do want to scream at the amount of time it took.

No comments: