I am really proud of both kids after 4 months of lessons. We will probably do this again in the fall. Anthony is much more confident in the water. He likes to swim and jump...a big change from last summer. He will even swim with a kick board or noodle unassisted. Best of all, he is so proud and confident. Goal accomplished!
Gabe is actually the opposite...he has a lot more respect for the water. He isn't fearful, just respectful of the idea that he could drown and that swimming is hard. He fell in one day. I think he was tired and got mesmerized by the water. In diving, we refer to it as the call of the deep where a diver will just keep going a little deeper and deeper even though you know it is beyond where you should be. Anyways, he fell in. His teacher pulled him right up, but it scared him. After he calmed down, he said, "Mommy I kept trying to swim up but it was really hard. I think I still need help to swim without my blue life jacket." That was all I wanted him to get from swim lessons this year. Another goal accomplished!
No comments:
Post a Comment