Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Perfect Day

Yesterday was the most amazing perfect day for the family. I know that I usually whine about the kids doing this or not doing that, but yesterday restored my faith that we might all survive this adventure.

We started by making to the gym for my 830am class. I consider this a miracle that 4 people were dressed and fed to get to the gym by 820. For the first time, William did not cry when I left the room. Woo Hoo!!!!

Then we had friends over where I got to visit with a great group of women and all the kids ran and played and just never seemed to tire of each other. William had an ever rotating group of playmates that were happy to entertain him. I didn't have to hold him for almost 2 hours (again, miracle considering that he is a total cling-on).

I opened the best present ever...fresh ground flour from KS along with corn for popping.

Dinner was ready when Rob got home and nobody was in tears from the event. Then everyone ate again without tears.

Anthony begged for his 'most very favorite thing:' popcorn and a movie with daddy. So my boys stayed up late watching Transformers 2 and eating fresh amazing popcorn and just loving the moment. William even went to sleep without a fuss.

By the time I realized how perfect the day was, I didn't want to move from my perfect spot to get the camera.

In a few days this will fade from my memory. The boys will be back to crazy. I will forget how wonderful it can all be as we battle each day just to stay afloat. I hope I remember to look back at this post to remind myself that perfection is often found on the days where I don't try to find it.

No comments: