Saturday, July 10, 2010

And your big cardboard box

We have a children's book titled 'Little Boy'. I love this book. It is all about a little boy and the imaginary world he creates with his cardboard box. I have always believed that the best part of any gift for a kid is the box. But moving this time has given me a whole new perspective on it.

The boys now have cardboard swords and a cardboard shield to be a knight. They also have rifles just like daddy to protect me from the bad guys when he is gone. The cut up box is the castle, or a lions den, or a nest, or dinosaur cave, or... I love this age of imagination when all things seem possible. You truly believe you can be a policeman, and a fireman, and soldier.




"Little boy your remind me how,
so much depends on days made of now."

No comments: