Now I can take my kids. This year was special since Kraig, Nara and the girls joined us. The kids saw each other last summer, and it was like they were never apart. I love that.
We played in the water
With the neighbor's dog
We tried to feed some ducks, who were smart enough to swim away quickly from our rowdy herd.
We roasted marshmallows
Mostly, we just enjoyed each others company.
We played cards and drank (that was not a kid activity). Best of all, it was like we saw each other just the week before and would of course be getting together in another few days.
I love easy friends like that. The friendship where you pick up when you need to and allow it to go dormant when you don't. No one gets their feeling hurt over it, you just understand each other and how life is happening. It was worth the trip for just those few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment