Friday, July 9, 2010

Oh, The Places You'll Go

Lately this is the boys favorite non-dinosaur book. I have now come to believe that every high school graduate should get it as a present.

I feel as though we have been traveling through the book for the last few months.

We chose our path and felt good about being out there where it is more opener in the wide open spaces.

We were flying high. Rob looked like he would be in a good unit. Finally, back to the line. We had a bunch of friends headed to the same location. Lots of people to know. We found a great house...needed some love, but who doesn't.

Then we hit a SLUMP. Rob would deploy almost immediately. There are unaccounted for costs. Preschool is a challenge. We felt like we were running in all directions. Rob and I hate that feeling. We are planners. I like to know what is coming and weigh my choices carefully. I hate making decisions just to make a decision, but that is where we were.

It all led to the most useless of places...the waiting place. Waiting on a bus to come or a plane to go. The week before deployment always stinks. There is so much anxiety. No one is on the same page emotionally.

But we are finally off again to the places we'll go. For Rob it is Iraq and a good job (not a battle major as he had feared). For us it is exploring GA, then off to MN, then more exploring before Rob returns. We are lucky to many friends to see and can't wait for the adventure.

No comments: